Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Day the Music Died (and Mat got a $130 ticket)


My tribute to my buddy Mat's attempt to honor the memory of Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and The Big Bopper

Dialogue from Facebook post of a buddy who has a rock band and tried to pay tribute to the rock and roll victims of the 1959 crash that claimed the lives of Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and "The Big Bopper"

"The Shot"

  • I post this shot every Feb 3: "The Day The Music Died." Taken by me in Clear Lake, Iowa during The Zambonis' mini-tour with Guster in Spring 2005. I only found the site because a kindly Iowa state trooper drew me a map (see add'l pic) after issuing me a speeding ticket. 
    (Mat's friend)- How much?
  •  I fully believed my kindly chit-chat was going to endear me to the guy. But, no. I think it was about $130. Thankfully, the band paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment