Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Great Night

My dear mom, 79 years old and she still has that same magic that entranced the designers back in 1956 when she worked for Oleg Cassini walking the showroom runways...
One of "those nights we'll never forget" walking around NYC, going to the ICP for an exhibit on "Surreal Paris," having a simple dinner at a place right across from Bryant Park then taking in a Sam Shepard play directed by Ethan Hawke. Ethan came in after intermission and when he walked by me in the lobby we both gave the "heads up" nod to one another. Mom, who had spent the moments before the show scanning the audience for celebrities, commented after I pointed out Hawke to her "I don't recognize him, what's he been in?"
Today she kept reminding me what a great night that was... a great night indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment